The Air Travel Consumer Report is a monthly product of the Department of Transportation's Office of Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings (OAEP). The report is designed to assist consumers with information on the quality of services provided by the airlines. The most recent report was issued on June 20, 2019.
Most Viewed Reports
- Air Travel Consumer Report issued June 2019
- Air Travel Consumer Report issued May 2019
- Air Travel Consumer Report issued April 2019
- 2019 Air Travel Consumer Reports
- 2018 Air Travel Consumer Reports
- 2017 Air Travel Consumer Reports
- Air Travel Consumer Report Archive
How the Report is Organized
The report is divided into the following sections:
- Flight Delays
- Mishandled Baggage, Wheelchairs and Scooters
- Consumer Complaints
- Airline Reports of the Loss, Injury, or Death of Animals During Air Transportation
- Customer Service Reports to the Transportation Security Administration
The sections that deal with flight delays, mishandled baggage, wheelchairs and scooters; and oversales are based on data collected by the Department's Bureau of Transportation Statistics.
The section that deals with consumer complaints is based on data compiled by the OAEP's Aviation Consumer Protection Division (ACPD). The section that deals with customer service reports to the Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is based on data provided by TSA. The section that deals with animal incidents during air transport is based on reports required to be submitted by airlines to the ACPD. Each section of the report is preceded by a brief explanation of how to read and understand the information provided.
The report is usually issued during the second week of each month. Oversales are reported quarterly rather than monthly, and oversales figures may be slightly older than the other data in certain months. The report, which contains tables of information, is best printed in "landscape" orientation.
Additional air travel data can be found on the Bureau of Transportation Statistics website.