FY 2022-26 U.S. DOT Strategic Plan
The Fiscal Year 2022-2026 Strategic Plan establishes the U.S. Department of Transportation’s strategic goals and objectives. This is a roadmap for transformative investments that will modernize our infrastructure to deliver safer, cleaner, and more equitable transportation systems.
- Make our transportation system safer for all people. Advance a future without transportation-related serious injuries and fatalities.
Economic Strength and Global Competitiveness
- Grow an inclusive and sustainable economy. Invest in our transportation system to provide American workers and businesses reliable and efficient access to resources, markets, and good-paying jobs.
- Reduce inequities across our transportation systems and the communities they affect. Support and engage people and communities to promote safe, affordable, accessible, and multimodal access to opportunities and services while reducing transportation-related disparities, adverse community impacts, and health effects.
Climate and Sustainability
- Tackle the climate crisis by ensuring that transportation plays a central role in the solution. Substantially reduce greenhouse gas emissions and transportation-related pollution and build more resilient and sustainable transportation systems to benefit and protect communities.
- Design for the future. Invest in purpose-driven research and innovation to meet the challenges of the present and modernize a transportation system of the future that serves everyone today and in the decades to come.
- Strengthen our world-class organization. Advance the Department’s mission by establishing policies, processes, and an inclusive and innovative culture to effectively serve communities and responsibly steward the public's resources.