FY 2022-26 U.S. DOT Strategic Plan and Progress Report
Delivering Results For America USDOT Progress Report: 2021–2023
Delivering Results for America describes the progress that the Department has made addressing the strategic goals and challenges facing our transportation system. Boosted by historic levels of funding provided by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, the Department has made great strides towards transforming our transportation system – making transportation safer, more reliable, more sustainable, and more affordable for travelers across our nation. Even as we celebrate the many milestones highlighted in this report, we continue to work tirelessly to stand up new programs and policies and get funding out to communities as swiftly and efficiently as possible. Working together with our partners across the nation, we strive to deliver the world’s leading transportation system.
The Fiscal Year 2022-2026 Strategic Plan establishes the U.S. Department of Transportation’s strategic goals and objectives. This is a roadmap for transformative investments that will modernize our infrastructure to deliver safer, cleaner, and more equitable transportation systems.
- Make our transportation system safer for all people. Advance a future without transportation-related serious injuries and fatalities.
Economic Strength and Global Competitiveness
- Grow an inclusive and sustainable economy. Invest in our transportation system to provide American workers and businesses reliable and efficient access to resources, markets, and good-paying jobs.
- Reduce inequities across our transportation systems and the communities they affect. Support and engage people and communities to promote safe, affordable, accessible, and multimodal access to opportunities and services while reducing transportation-related disparities, adverse community impacts, and health effects.
Climate and Sustainability
- Tackle the climate crisis by ensuring that transportation plays a central role in the solution. Substantially reduce greenhouse gas emissions and transportation-related pollution and build more resilient and sustainable transportation systems to benefit and protect communities.
- Design for the future. Invest in purpose-driven research and innovation to meet the challenges of the present and modernize a transportation system of the future that serves everyone today and in the decades to come.
- Strengthen our world-class organization. Advance the Department’s mission by establishing policies, processes, and an inclusive and innovative culture to effectively serve communities and responsibly steward the public's resources.