Office of Drug & Alcohol Policy & Compliance
The Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance advises the Secretary on national and international drug testing and control issues and is the principal advisor to the Secretary on rules related to the drug and alcohol testing of safety-sensitive transportation employees in aviation, trucking, railroads, mass transit, pipelines, and other transportation industries. The Office publishes regulations and provides official interpretations on drug and alcohol testing, including how to conduct tests, and the evaluation and treatment procedures necessary for returning employees to duty after testing violations. The Office also coordinates the Department’s involvement with the President’s National Drug Control Strategy annually.
- How to find a Substance Abuse Professional
- Submitting Annual Drug and Alcohol Testing Data to DOT
- DOT Agency/USCG Drug and Alcohol Program Manager Information
- Subscribe to/Read ODAPC List Serve Notices
Most Requested Information
- Am I Covered?
- Drug and Alcohol Testing - 49 CFR Part 40
- DOT "Medical Marijuana" Notice
- Documents and Forms