DOT HQ Garage Operations Update
DOT HQs Parking Program Bulletin
BULLETIN #: TSB-2019-05
DATE: March 19, 2019
SUBJECT: DOT HQs Garage Operations Update
This bulletin provides information on operational updates for the Department of Transportation (DOT) Parking Program to include: Parking Garage Special Event Dates for Fiscal Year 2019 and DOT Headquarters procedures for daily parking.
The U.S. Department of Transportation garage is at capacity with limited parking spaces for daily parkers and foresees an increase in demand for parking on special event days such as; the Washington Nationals Baseball home games. Due to high demand for parking in the DOT HQs parking garage, all daily parking customers must purchase permits in advance at the PTRAN window, located at W12-101.
Special event rate pricing of $15.00 per day applies to all dates listed below for daily parking permits. Dates listed below are subject to change without notice.
SPECIAL EVENT PARKING DATES
Thursday, March 28
Wednesday, April 3
Thursday, April 18
Thursday, May 2
Thursday, May 16
Wednesday, June 5
Thursday, July 25
Wednesday, July 31
Wednesday September, 4
Thursday, September 26
- Daily Parkers: Must purchase daily permits in advance of the day you will be parking in the garage at the Parking & Transit Office. Daily parking permits are available up to 30 days in advance. Once daily parking dates have reached capacity it will be deemed as sold out and no further daily permits will be sold for that date.
- Current Monthly Permit Holders: No action is required at this time.
- New Monthly Parking Applicants: To be placed on the parking waiting list, you must register in the parking and transit benefit web application system. For registration, go to your account or establish an account by using the following link: Parking Application
- Garage patrons are reminded that:
- Tandem parking, where one vehicle parks behind another, requires the second vehicle driver to leave the ignition key with the Garage Attendant.
- The posted speed limit while in the garage is five (5) miles per hour.
- All vehicle occupants who park in the facility are responsible for complying with the rules and procedures of the DOT HQ garage
Rates and corresponding dates are effective immediately.
CONTACT: If you have any questions regarding this bulletin you may contact Parking.firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPIRATION DATE: This Bulletin will remain in effect until October 1, 2019.