Excess Transit Benefit Funds Must Be Returned To The U.S. Treasury
The Office of Management and Budget has designated the Department of Transportation (DOT) as the Lead Federal Agency to inform commercial entities and assist in the timely return of federal funds.
DOT is responsible for the recovery of excess transit benefits provided to van pool riders, including both customer agencies of DOT/OST/TRANServe and van pool riders who received a transit benefit through other channels.
- December 31, 2012 Federal Register Notice of OMB of DOT/OST/TRANServe as lead Federal Agency regarding return of Excess Transit Benefit
- OMB/DOT Designation Letter
- Pay.Gov Instructions
- TRANServe Bulletin TSB 2013-04 Return of Excess Transit Benefits
- TRANServe Bulletin TSB 2013-05 Elimination of all WMATA 3rd Party Allocations for TRANServe Federal Agencies
- TRANServe Bulletin TSB 2013-05 Attachment to Elimination of all WMATA 3rd Party Allocations for TRANServe Federal Agencies