TSB-2017-07 DOT Headquarters Special Event Dates for 2017
PARKING PROGRAM BULLETIN
Bulletin #: TSB-2017-07
Date: March 16, 2017
Subject: DOT Headquarters Special Event Dates for 2017 & Garage User Tips
Purpose: This Bulletin provides updated guidance on the Department of Transportation (DOT) Parking Program.
Information: The special event rate of $15.00 for daily parkers applies to the following 2017 dates. April 3, April 6, April 12, April 14, May 4, May 25, June 14, June 29, July 27, August 16, August 30. Dates listed are subject to change without notice.
Due to high demand for parking in the DOT HQ parking garage on Special Event days, customers are:
• Strongly encouraged to purchase parking permits in advance at the PTRAN window, located at W12-101.
• Reminded that the demand on special events days often results in the garage reaching full capacity by 8:30 am.
• Reminded that if you do not prepay, you may be denied parking on special event days.
• Reminded that daily permits are limited and issued on a first come first served basis.
DOT Parking Garage User Tips:
1. Monthly customers MUST purchase monthly parking passes by the fifth business day of the month.
2. Daily parking permits must be purchased prior to the day parked, or (if space is available) on the day parked and must be paid in full on that day.
3. Handicap spaces are zoned and should be applied for by remitting an application to https://parkingapp.ost.dot.gov/. Open handicap spaces are located in the East building.
4. Customers in need of a temporary parking accommodation due to surgery etc. may visit the PTRAN Office for assistance.
5. Customers are reminded that keys should be left with garage attendants when parking in tandem parking spaces. Prior to 6pm customers may retrieve their keys in the area that they parked. Between 6:00pm and 8:00 pm keys will be at the attendant’s booth on p1. After 8:00 pm keys will be available the next day. Customers are encouraged to bring a spare key.
6. Bicycle riders must acquire a bicycle hang tag and must display it on their bicycles.
7. Vehicles must be registered. Registration may be completed by visiting https://parkingapp.ost.dot.gov/. Customers must display a valid hang tag in the vehicle.
8. Smoking is NOT permitted in the garage or in personal vehicles while parked in the garage.
Action: Rates and corresponding dates are effective immediately. Expiration Date: This bulletin will remain in effect until cancelled.
Contact: If you have additional questions please contact your Agency POC or email@example.com.