TSB-2013-12 TRANServe Electronic Transit Benefit Application System Password Format Enhancements
TRANServe TRANSIT BENEFIT PROGRAM BULLETIN
Bulletin No: TSB 2013 –12
Date: May 23, 2013
SUBJECT: TRANServe Electronic Transit Benefit Application System Password Format Enhancements
WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Changes to the password format in the TRANServe Electronic Transit Benefit Application System. Passwords must comply with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
WHY IS IT HAPPENING?
Federal IT systems are required to comply with FISMA standards to reduce the risk of compromise to password-based systems.
FISMA compliance ensures that TRANServe Electronic Application System Users benefit from increased confidentiality, integrity, and overall security.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
Effective June 10, 2013 passwords that do not meet the complexity standard must be changed the next time the system is accessed.
WHO WILL BE AFFECTED?
All TRANServe Electronic Application System users will be affected.
WHAT ACTIONS DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?
You must re-set your password using these criteria:
- Password must be at least 12 characters long
- No password character may be repeated more than 1 time(s) in sequence
- Password must contain characters from at least 3 of the following categories:
- Uppercase characters (A through Z)
- Lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example,!, $, #, %)
- Password will expire 60 days after being set
- Password cannot be reused within the last 24 changes
WHAT IF you do NOT COMPLETE THIS BY THE IMPLEMENTATION DATE?
The system will require you to do so at the next log-in attempt.
CONTACT: If you have questions about this bulletin, or would like to know how your agency can eliminate paper applications, please contact your Transit Benefit Manger.