TSB-2013-10R Updated website links for TRANServe Customers who Ride Port Authority Transit Corporation (PATCO)
TRANSIT BENEFIT PROGRAM BULLETIN
TRANServe ELECTRONIC FARE MEDIA – DEBIT CARD ALERT
Bulletin Number: TSB-2013-10R
Date: April 18, 2013
SUBJECT: Updated website links for TRANServe Customers who Ride Port Authority Transit Corporation (PATCO)
PURPOSE: To notify Agency Points of Contact (POCs) that all DOT TRANServe Debit Card participants who ride Port Authority Transit Corporation (PATCO) should only use the branded TRANServe PATCO Freedom Card with the TRANServe Debit Card to fund all federal transit benefit program purchases. This notification affects only those participants who ride PATCO.
BACKGROUND: Using the TRANServe Debit Card greatly reduces the risk of fraud, waste, and abuse by federal employees using the transit benefit. Transit benefit and parking funds cannot be co-mingled. TRANServe continues to work diligently around the nation with transit authorities, such as PATCO, that offer parking to ensure the appropriate use of the federal transit benefit.
INFORMATION: PATCO has a new Fare Product to accommodate TRANServe Transit Benefit riders.
Beginning May 1, 2013, TRANServe Debit Card participants who ride PATCO must use the transit benefit via the branded TRANServe PATCO Freedom Card. Separate from parking, the TRANServe PATCO Freedom Card allows unrestricted travel by TRANServe participants commuting from home to work to home. Instructions to obtain and apply funds to the TRANServe PATCO Freedom Card are as follows:
- Effective May 1, 2013, Participants can get their first TRANServe PATCO Freedom Card free at:
- FREEDOM Card Service Center at Broadway (7:00am to 7:00pm weekdays).
- Woodcrest FREEDOM Center, (Tuesdays, 10:00am to 2:00pm and Thursdays, 4:00pm to 7:00pm, for the month of May).
Note: When lost, replacement cards are $5.00.
- Participants may:
- only use the federal transit benefit via the TRANServe Debit Card with the TRANServe PATCO Freedom Card;
- The direct link for TRANServe Customers is: http://www.ridepatco.org/schedules/freedom_transerve.html
- TRANServe/PATCO Cards must be reloaded on line at : http://www.ridepatco.org/schedules/FREEDOM.html
- Sign up for automatic reload: www.patcofreedomcard.org.
- use their personal bankcard as a second form of payment to add funds to the TRANServe PATCO Freedom Card, if the transit benefit is exhausted prior to the end of the month; and
- Continue to use the non-TRANServe PATCO Freedom Card.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Transit Benefit Manager or the TRANServe Electronic Fare Media Team at 202-366-9244.