Is this your First Time?
You must create a User Name and Password
2) Click "Register a new account"
3) Enter your Government email address, Name (first, middle, last), the agency should default based off your email address, and phone number. ***NO PERSONAL EMAILS***
4) Click "Register"
5) You’ll receive an email from PTB Public Website Administrator with a temporary password (valid for 60 minutes)
6) Use the temporary password to login (copy & paste- be mindful of spaces)
7) Once you login, you’ll be prompted to create a new password for future use.
Password Requirements & Restrictions:
• Keep it somewhere secure as it cannot be stored/saved on your Oracle/SMART ID
• Must be at least 12 characters long
• No password character may be repeated more than 1 time(s) in sequence
• Must contain one character from at least 3 of the categories below: o Uppercase characters (A through Z)
o Lowercase characters (a through z)
o Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
o Non-alphabetic characters (for example; !, $, #, %)
• Password cannot be reused within the last 24 changes
• Password will expire 60 days after being set
Remember you only need to register once. A temporary password will come via email.
Did you forget your password?
1) Click "Forgot Password
2) Enter your IRS email address to either "Show Hint" or "Reset it by Email"
If you use:
• Show Hint: You’ll be shown the hint you created when you created your password to help you remember
• Send it by email: You’ll be sent an email with a new temporary password to login and then create a new password
3) Click "Return to Login Page"