External Civil Rights Program
Training, Policy Guidance, and Civil Rights Monitoring
- Provides training and case-related technical assistance to DOCR and operating administrations' (OA) civil rights staff.
- Provides policy advice and guidance to OAs and the general public on external civil rights programs and requirements.
- Reviews and comments on regulations as they pertain to the external civil rights program.
- Handles intake and referral of external civil rights complaints.
- Monitors external civil rights complaints and the OAs' complaint handling; tracks and reports on DOT's external civil rights complaints.
- Coordinates with other Government agencies to ensure civil rights laws are implemented uniformly.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Certification Appeals and Training for Recipients
- Appeals of denial of certification or decertification under the DBE program pursuant to appeal processing guidelines.
- Identifies evidence of fraud in the DBE certification process and determines which cases warrant referral to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) for formal investigation.
- Conducts training for recipients of DOT funds with responsibility for granting DBE certification requests to ensure standardization and for firms wishing to participate in the DBE program.
- Issues final agency decisions on appeals filed by firms denied DBE certification or have had their certification removed by a FHWA, FAA, or FTA funding recipient.
Last updated: Monday, April 26, 2021