Public Listening Summit on Automated Vehicle Policy
- AV Summit, March 1, 2018
- The U.S. DOT is announcing a Public Listening Summit on Automated Vehicles Policy to seek input on Automated Vehicles 3.0.
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- National Dialogue on Highway Automation
- This National Dialogue on Highway Automation represents a series of meetings held across the country to facilitate information sharing, identify key issues and prepare the infrastructure and the broader transportation community to safely and efficiently integrate automated vehicles into the road network. Input received during the National Dialogue will help inform national research, policy, and programs and will aid in the development of a national transportation community for automation.
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs) Which May Be a Barrier to the Safe Integration of Automated Driving Systems (ADS) in Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Operations, June 19, 2018
- FMCSA announces a public listening session to solicit information on issues relating to the design, development, testing, and integration of ADS-equipped CMVs on our Nation's roadways. The listening session will provide interested parties with an opportunity to assist the Agency's future rulemaking efforts by sharing their views on the FMCSRs as they relate to the development and safe integration of ADS. To RSVP and find additional information about this public meeting please visit: https://fmcsaads.eventbrite.com/.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Public Meeting on Removing Regulatory Barriers for Vehicles with Automated Driving Systems, March 6, 2018
- NHTSA is announcing a public meeting as part of the Agency’s effort to seek public comments to identify any regulatory barriers in the existing Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) to the testing, compliance certification, and compliance verification of vehicles with Automated Driving Systems (ADSs) and certain unconventional interior designs.
Roundtable on Data for Automated Vehicle Safety
- U.S. DOT hosted the Roundtable on Data for Automated Vehicle Safety on December 7, 2017 to discuss potential priorities for voluntary data exchanges to accelerate the safe deployment of automated vehicles. See the Summary Report for key takeaways from the roundtable.
Updated: Tuesday, June 12, 2018