2019 UTC Annual Report to Congress
The University Transportation Centers (UTC) Program is a federal grant program that funds university-based transportation centers to conduct research, education and workforce development, and technology transfer activities. Grants are administered and managed by the United States Department of Transportation staff in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology in Washington, D.C. This 2019 Annual Report:
- discusses the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act, 49 U.S.C. §5505 as amended by P.L. 114-94, Sec. 6016) requirement for a Regional Center to address transportation safety, congestion, connected vehicles, connected infrastructure, and autonomous vehicles;
- highlights examples of ongoing or recently completed UTC research projects by each of the 37 Centers;
- outlines the new technology transfer plan and reporting requirement to guide and strengthen the UTCs technology transfer activities;
- summarizes UTC program-wide performance indicators measuring productivity at individual Centers for four years; and
- discusses research repositories used to disseminate results of UTC research.