DOT HQs Parking Program Bulletin
BULLETIN #: TSB-2017-12
DATE: May 19, 2017
SUBJECT: DOT HQs Garage Operations Update
PURPOSE: This bulletin provides information on two operational changes for the Department of Transportation (DOT) Parking Program, Headquarters Parking Garage.
1. Key Retrieval: Parking attendants are now available from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please see the parking attendant booth on P1 to retrieve car keys after 6 p.m.
2. Parking Garage at Capacity: The DOT Parking Program, Headquarters Parking Garage, has reached capacity and therefore must now be managed by priority parking requirements in accordance with the Headquarters’ Parking Facility Policy. The priority parking requirements will affect monthly and daily parking participants.
The DOT Headquarters Garage policy allocates parking spaces in accordance with Federal Property Management Regulations (FPMR), 41 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 102-71.20; 102-74.285; 102-74.305, which directs the priority of parking spaces by the following criteria: Government Vehicles, Persons with Disabilities, Job Requirement, Special Schedule, Vanpools/ Carpools, Privately Owned Vehicles, Bicycles and Motorcycles.
Effective May 15, 2017, priority parking restrictions were implemented in accordance with the Headquarters’ Parking Facility Policy. This means:
- With very few exceptions, no new monthly parking permits are available to issue until a current monthly parker withdraws from the program.
- Priority of parking designations will be good for one year (January through December) after completion of the annual recertification (October).
- A waiting list is being created for future monthly parkers. The waiting list will be on a first-come, first serve basis, as spaces become available, and permits will first be distributed according to the priority criteria.
- Daily parking will continue to be limited and will be restricted to advance purchase only.
- Daily parking permits must be prepaid at the Parking & Transit Office and will no longer be available through pay.gov.
- Current Monthly Permit Holders: No action is required at this time. Individuals will need to recertify during the month of October to qualify for a parking space in calendar year 2018.
- New Monthly Parking Applicants: To be placed on the parking waiting list, you must register in the parking and transit benefit web application system. For registration, go to your account or establish an account by using the following link: Parking Application.
- Daily Parkers: You must buy your daily permit in advance of the day you will be parking in the garage at the Parking & Transit Office.
EXPIRATION DATE: This Bulletin will remain in effect until cancelled.
CONTACT: If you have questions in regards to this bulletin, please contact the Parking and Transit Benefit Office at (202) 366-1398 or Parking.TransitOffice@dot.gov.