TRANSIT BENEFIT PROGRAM BULLETIN
BULLETIN #: TSB-2014-05
DATE: March 11, 2014
SUBJECT: Debit Card Expiration Dates and Re-issuance
PURPOSE: To notify TRANServe customers that Debit Cards issued beginning in May of 2011 are set to expire and be re-issued.
BACKGROUND: Since its launch in May of 2011, the TRANServe Debit Card has successfully distributed the transit benefit to federal employees nationwide. The primary goal of the transition to Electronic Fare Media is to use a single fare media delivery system that offers enhanced internal controls to preserve the transit benefit by deterring waste, fraud, and abuse.
INFORMATION: Similar to personal debit or credit cards, the TRANServe Debit Card has a three year expiration date. This three year mark will begin starting with those issued their cards in May of 2011. All replacement cards will be mailed to the agency Point of Contact on file with TRANServe. Your Transit Benefit Manager (TBM) will be contacting you to review the scheduled replacement card delivery.
- Coordinate and review with your TBM to confirm how and when to plan the card distribution for each location receiving replacement cards.
- Upon receipt of replacement cards, participants must activate the card by calling Chase Customer Service at 1-866-891-6951 or by visiting www.ucard.chase.com and will need the following information:
• Work phone number
• Work zip code
• Agency-assigned Common Identiﬁer
- Participants who use on-line payments with transit authorities or vanpool companies must provide them with the replacement card information immediately upon activation.
- Visit http://transerve.dot.gov/debit-card.html#/user-faqs for information about the debit card and share it with your participants.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact your TRANServe Transit Benefit Manager or the EFM Support Team by email at EFMSupport@dot.gov and by phone at 202-366-9244