TSB 2014-01R DOT Headquarters Parking Program Application System
PARKING PROGRAM BULLETIN
Bulletin No: TSB 2014-01R
Date: December 18, 2013
Subject: DOT Headquarters Parking Program Application System New Log-on Requirements
WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHY?
The DOT HQ Online Parking Program log-on process is changing. Username and Password must change to meet the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and DOT Cybersecurity combined requirements. The parking permit payment process (via Pay.gov or at the PTRAN office) is not affected by this change.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
System changes are effective December 18, 2013. Parking participants will be required to make the above changes before changing an existing account, recertifying or enrolling for the first time.
WHO WILL BE AFFECTED?
- Federal Employees who Park, only.
- Federal Employees who Park and approve transit benefits.
- Contract Employees who Park.
- New Parking Program Participants.
WHAT ACTIONS DO I NEED TO TAKE?
Use the following format to establish a FISMA and DOT Cybersecurity “User Name”.
a. All federal employees must change their username to their government email address, i.e. Firstname.Lastname@dot.gov
b. All Contract employees must change their username to their government email address, i.e. Firstname.Lastname.firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Contractors without DOT network accounts must change their username to Firstname.Lastname.CTR (no domain name needed) A valid email address is required in the profile.
Also, know that the correct “Password” structure will be provided to you once the registration process is engaged.
1. If you are a Parking Program participant only, i.e., no bicycle or no transit benefit, log onto the DOT HQ Online Parking application at
https://parkingapp.ost.dot.gov/ and click “Register” then complete the short process. A confirmation screen will signal the end of this action. (See Attachment 1)
2. If you are a Parking Program participant and Transit Benefit Approver, log onto the DOT HQ Online Parking application https://parkingapp.ost.dot.gov/ .
- Insert your Government e-mail address as the “User Name”.
- Select “forgot password”.
- Insert your e-mail address in the “Send it by Mail” box.
- A confirmation screen will signal the end of the action. (See Attachment2)
After receiving a system generated e-mail with a password, return to the parking application log-in screen and proceed to log-in and follow the system prompts.
3. Federal employees who periodically park, while outside of the other transit benefit programs (bicycle or transit), but are regular Transit Benefit participants; you are not affected by this change. No action is required. You can log-in to both the Transit and Parking systems using the same “User Name” and “Password” you currently have for transit or bicycle benefits.
4. New Parking Program participants should access the DOT HQ Online Parking application at https://parkingapp.ost.dot.gov/ and
- Click “Register” then complete the short process.
- A “Registration” confirmation will appear.
- Return to the log-in screen and complete the steps.
- At the main menu click “Parking Application”.
- Select “recertify/enroll”.
- Select “Proceed”.
- Select “I Agree” with the Parking Certification (Narrative).
- After selecting “Agree” you will be directed to the Parking Application for completion.
- Once completed, select “Submit Application”.
- A confirmation will appear. (See Attachment 3)
A system generated e-mail will be sent to you indicating successful submission. Also, within 2-3 business days you should receive an e-mail from the Parking and Transit Office with further information.
CONTACT: If you need assistance contact Parking and Transit Office (PTRAN) at 202-366-1398 or email Parking.email@example.com .
Attachment 1 – Parking Participant Only
Attachment 2 – Parking/Transit Approver
Attachment 3 – New Parking Applicant