TRANServe TRANSIT BENEFIT PROGRAM BULLETIN
Bulletin No: TSB 2014–08
Date: May 27, 2014
SUBJECT: TRANServe Electronic Systems Access FISMA Compliance Updates
WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Changes to TRANServe systems access as it relates to password disclosure. The affected systems are: Transit Benefit Application System, known as webapp, the DOT internal Parking system, and the Parking and Transit Benefit System (PTB). Individuals accessing any system listed must reset their password whenever the “Forgot Password” button is selected.
WHY IS IT HAPPENING?
TRANServe regularly updates its systems to remain compliant with FISMA standards.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
Effective May 27, 2014
WHO WILL BE AFFECTED?
All TRANServe system users who fit one of the following categories: will be affected.
- Persons who forgot their password; and
- Persons locked out of the system due to password related concerns, i.e., forgot password, entered the wrong password, password has not been used within 60 days, etc..
WHAT ACTIONS DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?
Remember to select the “Forgot Password” button when the situation is appropriate..
Instructions to Request a New Password
2. Select your Agency
4. Select “Forgot Password
5. Enter Username in “Send it by Email” box
6. Click “Submit”
7. Retrieve temporary password from government email.
8. Return to login screen
9. Enter Username
10. Enter temporary password
11. Click “Log In”
12. Re-enter temporary password on Password Expired screen
13. Create & confirm new password using FISMA criteria:
a. Password must be at least 12 characters long
b. No password character may be repeated more than 1 time(s) in sequence
c. Password must contain characters from at least 3 of the following categories:
· Uppercase characters (A through Z)
· Lowercase characters (a through z)
· Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
· Non-alphabetic characters (for example,!, $, #, %)
14. Click Submit to complete the password change process.
Passwords cannot be reused within the last 24 changes. Additional directions are provided by screenshots on pages 3-4.
CONTACT: If you have questions about this bulletin, or would like to know how your agency can eliminate paper applications, please contact your Transit Benefit Manager.