ET-2011 - 05 Transit Benefit Program Requirements and Expectations
TRANSIT BENEFIT PROGRAM BULLETIN
Bulletin No: ET-2011 - 05
Date: August 3, 2011
SUBJECT: Transit Benefit Program Requirements and Expectations
PURPOSE: The purpose of this message is to provide a reminder to all DOT managers, supervisors, and transit benefit participants of the requirements and expectations related to the transit benefit program and the serious consequences associated with any violations of these requirements.
INFORMATION: By signing the certification statement in the transit benefit application, each employee participating in the transit benefit program is entering into a contract with the U. S. Government which states:
- You are not named on a worksite parking permit at any Federal agency, nor otherwise participating in a carpool.
- You are using transit benefits only for your regular home to work transportation, and will not transfer or sell the fare media to anyone else.
- The amount of transit benefits you receive does not exceed your actual monthly commuting cost by public transportation.
- It is a violation of law to provide false or fraudulent information to obtain transit benefits, or to transfer or sell transit benefits.
- You are responsible for adjusting your transit benefit amount upon changes to your commuting methods or work schedules such as extended leaves or telecommuting.
It is imperative that employees familiarize themselves with these requirements as violations can result in revocation of transit benefit privileges and other serious consequences up to and including removal from Federal service.
EXPIRATION DATE: This Bulletin will remain in effect until canceled.
MORE INFORMATION: If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org