Essential Links for Small Business
- System for Award Management (SAM) – Primary vendor database for the federal government that collects, validates, stores and disseminates data in support of agency acquisition missions.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) – Federal regulation that codifies uniform policies for acquisition of supplies and services by all federal executive agencies
- Federal Business Opportunities (FEDBIZOPPS) – A web-based system for posting solicitations and other procurement-related documents to the internet.
- Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS) – Offers public users unprecedented access to the spending patterns of the Federal government - at no cost. Once you have registered at FPDS, you will have access to more than 12 million contract actions from across the Federal government.
- GSA Schedule Overview – Available to all government agencies to use as a procurement vehicle, the GSA Schedule can streamline the procurement process for both vendors and government agencies.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) – A series of number codes that attempts to classify all business establishments by the types of products or services they make available.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Certifications – Programs designed to help small and disadvantaged firms to compete effectively for procurements where, to receive these benefits, the firm has to first receive formal certification from the SBA.
- USASpending.gov – Provides citizens with easy access to Government contract, grant and other award data in an easy to use and searchable format.
- Veterans Business Development Programs (VBDP) – Programs designed to help veteran-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned firms compete through business development.
- Women’s Services – Programs to help woman-owned firms compete through business development.
Updated: Monday, January 5, 2015