Two-year program to attract Federal services outstanding talent from a variety of academic disciplines and career paths who have a clear interest in and commit to, excellence in the leadership and management of public policies and programs.
- College/university must meet OPM’s accreditation requirements.
- Students must complete a master’s or doctorate level degree during the current academic year – August 31
- Students are nominated by their schools to compete as PMF Finalists
- Eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws. PMFs must possess U.S. citizenship by the conclusion of the 2-year fellowship, and
- Eligible for and pursuing U.S. citizenship or appointed by a Federal agency permitted by that agency's appropriation act or agency-specific statutes to hire and pay non-citizens.
- Applications are accepted annually (usually by October timeframe).
- Administrative reimbursement fee to OPM for each PMF
- One FTE per PMF
- Monitor PMFs progress in completing established requirements throughout the 2-year period.
- Certify with agency Executive Review Board (ERB)
- Convert PMF into a non-competitive position
If you have been nominated as a PMF finalist through OPM, please consider a PMF highly-rewarding opportunity with DOT.
For information on the DOT PMF program, visit: PMF Agency Contacts