LaGuardia Community College (LGCC) of New York is a grantee of the U.S. Department of Transportation and hosts the Northeast Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC). The Northeast SBTRC serves the states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Headquartered in New York City, the LGCC provides small disadvantaged businesses technical assistance in the areas of procurement, short-term financing, surety bonding, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise certification. Our workshops, webinars, as well as counseling, are held in both English and Spanish.
The Northeast Region SBTRC provides an array of technical assistance to build the capacity of small and disadvantaged businesses that include:
- Business Analyses
- Market Research and Procurement Assistance
- General Management & Technical Assistance
- Business Counseling & Coaching
- Regional Planning Committees
- Liaison between Prime Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Outreach/Conference Participation
- Capital Access and Surety Bond Assistance
- Women & Girls In Transportation Initiative (WITI)
Contact UsLinda M. Mellon, SBTRC
Executive Director 3110 Thomson Avenue, Building B, Suite 309
Long Island City, NY 11101
Phone: (718) 482-5367
Phone: (718) 730-7510 / (718) 482-5941
Phone: (718) 482-5941
Looking for assistance or a greater understanding of what the SBTRCs can do for you?
LISTEN to these Webinars, hosted by SBTRC Project Director, Elizabeth Perdomo, where she discusses 3 important topics: