Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

National Scenic Byways Program

General Grant Program Information

The National Scenic Byways Program funds improvements such as byway facilities, safety improvements, and interpretive information along roads in the United States that merit recognition at the national level for their outstanding scenic, historic, cultural, natural, recreational, or archeological qualities. There are currently 184 designated roads in 48 states.

Opportunity Status:
Closed
Posted Date:
Close Date:
Eligible Applicants:
State Governments; Federally Recognized Tribes and Affiliated Groups
Eligible Activities:
Planning; Construction; Equipment and Materials; Operations and Maintenance; Climate and Sustainability; Accessibility; Security
Transportation Type:
Bike/Ped Roadway
Most Recent Annual Program Funding Amount:
$22,000,000
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement:
Yes
Match Waiver:
No
Rural Set-Aside:
No
Tribal Set-Aside:
No
Grant Opportunity ID:
693JJ322NF00008
Grant Opportunity Link:
Links to Additional Information:
Agency:
USDOT / Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)

Eligibility Information

Eligible applicants include states and federally recognized Tribes in areas with highways designated as National Scenic Byways, All-American Roads, America’s Byways®, state scenic byways, or Indian Tribe scenic byways. 

Eligible uses include the implementation, planning, design, and development of eligible Scenic Byway projects advancing the goals of safety, equity and accessibility, economic strength, climate, and sustainability
 

Funding Information

The NSBP has $22 million available for grant opportunities. Federal cost-sharing is 80 percent; the applicant is required to pay the remaining 20 percent using non-federal funds. 

Contact Information

Rick Murray
Agreement Officer
rick.murray@dot.gov
202-366-4250

Disclaimer:
The Dashboard provides users with a high-level overview of relevant Federal discretionary grant programs. The information in the Dashboard is maintained as a secondary resource and may not be updated with the most recent changes to each program's primary guidance materials. Accordingly, please refer to the Federal grant-making agency for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information on a grant opportunity in the Dashboard.

Last updated: Monday, May 01, 2023