Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Advanced Transportation Technologies and Innovative Mobility Deployment

General Grant Program Information

The Advanced Transportation Technologies and Innovative Mobility Deployment (ATTIMD), also known as Advanced Transportation Technology and Innovation (ATTAIN), provides funding to deploy, install, and operate advanced transportation technologies to improve safety, mobility, efficiency, system performance, intermodal connectivity, and infrastructure return on investment.

Opportunity Status:
Posted Date:
Close Date:
Eligible Applicants:
State Governments; Local Governments; Planning and Project Organizations; U.S. Territories
Eligible Activities:
Equipment and Materials; Operations and Maintenance; Technology Demonstrations and Deployment; Technical Assistance, Workforce Development, and Training/Education; Research and Development; Accessibility
Transportation Type:
Bike/Ped Roadway Transit
Most Recent Annual Program Funding Amount:
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement:
Match Waiver:
Rural Set-Aside:
Tribal Set-Aside:
Grant Opportunity ID:
Grant Opportunity Link:
USDOT / Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)

Eligibility Information

Eligible applicants include:

  • State or local governments 
  • Transit agencies
  • Metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs)
  • Political subdivisions of a state or local government
  • Multijurisdictional groups or consortia of research institutions or academic institutions

Eligible uses include the deployment of:

  • Advanced traveler information systems, advanced public transportation systems, transportation management technologies, and advanced transportation technologies to improve emergency evacuation and response by federal, state, and local authorities
  • Infrastructure maintenance, monitoring, and condition assessment
  • Transportation system performance data collection, analysis, and dissemination systems
  • Advanced safety systems, including vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications, technologies associated with autonomous vehicles, and other collision avoidance technologies, including systems using cellular technology
  • Integration of intelligent transportation systems with the Smart Grid and other energy distribution and charging systems
  • Integrated corridor management systems
  • Advanced parking reservation or variable pricing systems and integration of transportation service payment systems
  • Electronic pricing, toll collection, and payment systems
  • Technology that enhances high occupancy vehicle toll lanes, cordon pricing, or congestion pricing
  • Advanced mobility, access, and on-demand transportation service technologies, such as dynamic ridesharing and other shared-use mobility applications and information systems to support human services for elderly and disabled individuals
  • Retrofitting dedicated short-range communications (DSRC) technology deployed as part of an existing pilot program to cellular vehicle-to-everything (C–V2X) technology

Funding Information

The ATTIMD program will provide $60 million for each of fiscal years 2022 through 2026. Not less than 20 percent of the amounts made available to carry out this paragraph shall be reserved for projects serving rural areas. The federal cost-share is 80 percent; the applicant must supply the remaining 20 percent. 

Contact for more information.

Contact Information

Ryan J Buck

Agreement Officer


The Dashboard provides users with a high-level overview of relevant Federal discretionary grant programs. The information in the Dashboard is maintained as a secondary resource and may not be updated with the most recent changes to each program's primary guidance materials. Accordingly, please refer to the Federal grant-making agency for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information on a grant opportunity in the Dashboard.