Information for Small Entities
This section of our Web site is particularly intended to provide small entities with information to help them effectively participate in DOT's rulemaking process and implement any final rules that apply to them.
The DOT takes very seriously its regulatory responsibilities to small entities. We have DOT policies regarding the rights of small entities to regulatory enforcement fairness and against retaliation for exercising those rights. We are proud that, on February 25, 2008, DOT was presented with a 2007 "Recognition of Excellence” award by the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of the National Ombudsman for Regulatory Enforcement and Compliance Assistance. The award is “For leadership in preserving regulatory fairness for America’s small businesses."
- Effects of Rules on Small Entities
- Tools to Improve Participation in Rulemaking
- Rulemaking Requirements Concerning Small Entities
- The Rights of Small Entities To Enforcement Fairness and Policy Against Retaliation
- Resources for Small Entities