Plain Language Writing for the Web
At the Department of Transportation, we have a long-standing commitment to using plain language, and we see plain writing as an integral part of achieving the goals of our Open Government Plan. We work to meet the best practices of the General Services Administration Digital.gov for our website along with these resources from the federal government:
- PlainLanguage.gov —Guidance on the use of plain language for government communications and training for federal employees.
- OMB Final Guidance on Implementing the Plain Writing Act of 2010 (M 11-15)
- Plain Writing Act of 2010
- Federal Plain Language Guidelines —The Plain Language Action and Information Network (PLAIN)
- Plain Language Web Writing Tips
Last updated: Monday, February 27, 2017