Title: Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Form 462
Description: The US Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Commission requires that each Federal Agency submit an annual report summarizing the Agency's EEO complaints processing activity. This report is titled the EEO Form 462 report (titled 462 Report henceforth). The 462 report summarizes the details of each EEO Complaint processed by an agency between October 1st of one year and September 30th of the next year. The report also contains Summary information about Agency (Staff) resources, Staff Training, EEO Director Reporting Lines, and Contact Information.
Date Posted: August 28, 2013
Title: No-FEAR Documents
Description: On May 15, 2002, President Bush signed the Notification and Federal Employee Anti-discrimination and Retaliation of 2002 (No FEAR) Act into law. The No Fear Act, with an effective date of October 1, 2003, requires that Federal agencies be more accountable for violations of anti-discrimination and whistleblower protection laws.
Federal Agency Requirements
- Notify employees and applicants for employment about their rights under the discrimination and whistleblower laws
- Post statistical data relating to Federal sector equal employment opportunity complaints on its public website
- Ensure that their managers have adequate training in the management of a diverse workforce, early and alternative conflict resolution, and essential communications skills
- Conduct studies on the trends and causes of complaints of discrimination
- Implement new measures to improve the complaint process and the work environment
- Initiate timely and appropriate discipline against employees who engage in misconduct related to discrimination or reprisal
- Reimburse the Judgment Fund for any discrimination and whistleblower related settlements or judgments reach in Federal court
- Produce annual reports of status and progress to Congress, the Attorney General and the U.S. Equal Employment Commission