Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Reduction of Truck Emissions at Port Facilities

General Grant Program Information

The Reduction of Truck Emissions at Port Facilities program will provide funding to reduce truck idling and emissions at ports, including through the advancement of port electrification. 

Opportunity Status:
Posted Date:
Close Date:
Eligible Applicants:
State Governments; Local Governments; Planning and Project Organizations; Transportation Providers and Operators; Private-Sector Applicants
Eligible Activities:
Equipment and Materials; Technology Demonstrations and Deployment; Climate and Sustainability
Transportation Type:
Maritime Roadway
Most Recent Annual Program Funding Amount:
$160 Million
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement:
Grant Opportunity ID:
USDOT / Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)

Eligibility Information

Eligible uses will include projects that test, evaluate, and deploy projects that reduce port-related emissions from idling trucks, including through port operations efficiency improvements. The program also includes a study to address how ports and intermodal port transfer facilities would benefit from increased opportunities to reduce emissions at ports, and how emerging technologies and strategies can contribute to reduced emissions from idling trucks. 

Eligible applicants for RTEPF Grant Program funds are entities that

  1. have authority over, operate, or utilize port facilities and/or intermodal port transfer facilities,
  2. have authority over areas within or adjacent to ports and intermodal port transfer facilities, or
  3. will test and/or evaluate technologies that reduce truck emissions at port facilities and/or intermodal port transfer facilities.

Multiple eligible entities that submit a joint application should identify a lead applicant as the primary point of contact and recipient for purposes of financial administration of the project. Joint applications should include a description of the roles and responsibilities of each applicant and should be signed by each applicant.

For both individual applications and joint applications, it is strongly encouraged that the applicant responsible for financial administration of the project be familiar with the requirements associated with managing Federal assistance projects.

Funding Information

This NOFO will result in the distribution of up to $160 million, which represents the combined amounts authorized for this program for fiscal years 2022 and 2023. The actual amount available to be awarded under this notice will be subject to the availability of funds.

The assistance listing number for this funding opportunity is 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction.

Federal cost-sharing is anticipated to be 80 percent; applicant is required to pay the remaining 20 percent. 

Contact Information

Contact for more information.

The Dashboard provides users with a high-level overview of relevant Federal discretionary grant programs. The information in the Dashboard is maintained as a secondary resource and may not be updated with the most recent changes to each program's primary guidance materials. Accordingly, please refer to the Federal grant-making agency for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information on a grant opportunity in the Dashboard.

Last updated Date: