The California Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce is a grantee of the U.S. Department of Transportation and hosts the Southwest Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC). The Southwest SBTRC serves the states of Arizona, California, Hawaii and Nevada.
The CalAsian Chamber’s mission is to grow and empower small business concerns throughout the region through Access, Education, and Opportunity. Through its programs and services it provides local businesses with the resources and tools necessary for success and connects them to opportunities to grow their business.
The Southwest SBTRC provides an array of technical assistance to build the capacity of small and disadvantaged businesses that include:
- Business Analyses
- Market Research and Procurement Assistance
- General Management & Technical Assistance
- Business Counseling & Coaching
- Regional Planning Committees
- Liaison between Prime Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Outreach/Conference Participation
- Capital Access and Surety Bond Assistance
- Women & Girls In Transportation Initiative (WITI)