The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development is a grantee of the U.S. Department of Transportation and hosts the South Atlantic Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC). The SBTRC serves the states of Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. Metro Area, and West Virginia.
The Institute is a nonprofit management consulting and services firm focused on business diversity. We are trusted advisors to businesses large and small, government agencies, policymakers and organizations that understand the key role diversity plays in ensuring business and economic success.
The Northwest SBTRC provides an array of technical assistance to build the capacity of small and disadvantaged businesses that include:
- Business Analyses
- Market Research and Procurement Assistance
- General Management & Technical Assistance
- Business Counseling & Coaching
- Regional Planning Committees
- Liaison between Prime Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Outreach/Conference Participation
- Capital Access and Surety Bond Assistance
- Women & Girls In Transportation Initiative (WITI)