Miami Dade College is a grantee of the U.S. Department of Transportation and hosts the Southeast Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC). The Southeast SBTRC serves the states of Alabama, Florida, and the territories of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Southeast SBTRC provides an array of technical assistance to build the capacity of small and disadvantaged businesses that include:
- Business Analyses
- Market Research and Procurement Assistance
- General Management & Technical Assistance
- Business Counseling & Coaching
- Regional Planning Committees
- Liaison between Prime Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Outreach/Conference Participation
- Capital Access and Surety Bond Assistance
- Women & Girls In Transportation Initiative (WITI)
Project Director 11380 N.W. 27th Avenue - Suite 1256-32
Miami, FL 33167 Phone: (305) 237-1392
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Wendy Guerra Bonding Education Program Coordinator Phone: (305) 237-8023 Email: wguerra@seregionosdbu
SBTRC WITI EVENT
Women in Transportation Initiative (WITI)
Connecting Students with Industry Leaders: A Transportation-Related Symposia
March 19, 2019, the SE Region SBTRC, in collaboration with Miami Dade College North School of Global Business, held a transportation-related symposium, which brought students and industry leaders together for an informative morning.
Students were able to ask questions and learn from industry representatives with The Boeing Company, AAR Airframe Maintenance, GC Works, Inc., LED Are Us, Inc., and Orange Lab Ideas to name a few.