Transit Benefit Policies
- Executive Order 13150
- Summary: The Executive order that established the transit benefit program.
- Section 132 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Summary: Lists the Internal Revenue regulations that govern the transit benefit program.
- Clean Air Act
- Summary: The amendments of 1990 provides protections for the ozone layer, reducing acid rain and toxic pollutants, and improving air quality.
- Legislation Permitting Interns To Receive Transit Benefits
- Summary: This legislation permits interns to receive transit benefits.
- GAO Report 1993 Mass Transit: Federal Participation in Transit Benefit Programs
- Summary: In 1993 GAO reviewed the federal transit benefit program.
- GAO Report 2007 Federal Transit Benefit Program – Ineffective Controls
- Summary: GAO identifies ineffective internal controls in the federal transit benefit program.
- OMB Memo on the Federal Transit Benefit Program
- Summary: OMB provides minimum internal controls for the transit benefit program.
- Employer’s Guide to Fringe Benefits (IRS 15B)
- Summary: The IRS provides definitions and clarification on fringe benefits.
- December 31, 2012 Federal Register Notice of OMB of DOT/OST/TRANServe as lead Federal Agency regarding return of Excess Transit Benefit
- Summary: Federal Register Notice that OMB designated DOT as the lead Federal Agency to assist in the timely return of federal funds.
- OMB/DOT Designation Letter
- Summary: OMB's designation letter to DOT.