Acquisition Policy, Oversight, and Business Strategies
The Acquisition Policy, Oversight, and Business Strategies Division is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing Departmental acquisition regulatory guidance that supplements the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) via the Transportation Acquisition Regulation (TAR).
- Developing and implementing Departmental acquisition procedural guidance and policies.
- Managing the Department's acquisition career program.
- Providing oversight of DOT acquisition offices to ensure compliance with Federal and Departmental requirements.
- Providing analysis and measuring acquisition performance.
- Improving the accountability and effectiveness of DOT’s acquisition programs.
- Supporting implementation of Federal and Departmental acquisition initiatives.
- Collaborating with internal offices, such as the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization and the Office of the Chief Information Officer to ensure Federal legal and regulatory requirements are implemented appropriately within the Department.
Contact us at: M61AcquisitionPolicy@dot.gov