The Rural Surface Transportation Grant Program
What is the Rural Surface Transportation Grant Program?
The Rural Surface Transportation Grant Program supports projects that improve and expand the surface transportation infrastructure in rural areas to increase connectivity, improve the safety and reliability of the movement of people and freight, and generate regional economic growth and improve quality of life. Rural Surface Transportation grant program funding will be made available under the MPDG combined Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
- a State;
- a regional transportation planning organization;
- a unit of local government;
- a tribal government or a consortium of tribal governments; or
- a multijurisdictional group of entities above.
- A highway, bridge, or tunnel project eligible under National Highway Performance Program
- A highway, bridge, or tunnel project eligible under Surface Transportation Block Grant
- A highway, bridge, or tunnel project eligible under Tribal Transportation Program
- A highway freight project eligible under National Highway Freight Program
- A highway safety improvement project, including a project to improve a high risk rural road as defined by the Highway Safety Improvement Program
- A project on a publicly-owned highway or bridge that provides or increases access to an agricultural, commercial, energy, or intermodal facility that supports the economy of a rural area
- A project to develop, establish, or maintain an integrated mobility management system, a transportation demand management system, or on-demand mobility services