The Mega Grant Program
What is the Mega program?
The Mega Program (the National Infrastructure Project Assistance program) supports large, complex projects that are difficult to fund by other means and likely to generate national or regional economic, mobility, or safety benefits.
The Mega grant program funding will be made available under the MPDG combined Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
- a State or a group of States;
- a metropolitan planning organization;
- a unit of local government;
- a political subdivision of a State;
- a special purpose district or public authority with a transportation function, including a port authority;
- a Tribal government or a consortium of Tribal governments;
- a partnership between Amtrak and 1 or more entities described in (1) through (6); and,
- a group of entities described in any of (1) through (7).
- A highway or bridge project on the National Multimodal Freight Network
- A highway or bridge project on the National Highway Freight Network
- A highway or bridge project on the National Highway System
- A freight intermodal (including public ports) or freight rail project that provides public benefit
- A railway highway grade separation or elimination project
- An intercity passenger rail project
- A public transportation project that is eligible under assistance under Chapter 53 of title 49 and is a part of any of the project types described above