The US DOT|TRCC consists of representatives from the following groups:
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA)
- Office of the Secretary (OST)
The DOT|TRCC has an Executive Committee, a Full Committee, a Working Group, and topical subcommittees as needed.
The Executive Committee meets as needed to set policy, coordinate modal programs, review DOT|TRCC project activities, and approve the Full Committee activities. Each member Operating Administration provides one senior staff member to participate on the EC.
The Working Group fulfills the DOT|TRCC’s secretariat function and coordinates all activities. It is made up of one representative from each of the Operating Administrations.
The Full Committee meets quarterly to share information and foster links between modes at a programmatic level. Membership in the Full Committee is open to DOT staff from any of the four Operating Administrations and OST as determined by the modal EC representative.