U.S. Department of Transportation
Washington, DC 20590
Federal Government-wide Policy Analysis and Formulation, Transit Benefit Policy Program (Transportation Planning)
Organizational Role: Merge divergent viewpoints across agencies. Assist in the establishment of future state policies and current organizational structure that provide for the sustainment of the executive agency transit benefit policy responsibilities as codified in 49 CFR 1.38a. Regulation development through negotiation and consensus. Support the formal creation of the Community of Practice Interagency group(s) and offer direction, coordinate the activities, and assist in providing administrative oversight of the group.
- Provide Government-wide transit benefit policy direction by developing evidence to support compliance actions. Consults with representatives of private entities and/or other stakeholders. Identify market disrupters i.e., ride sharing services, smart card and smart phone technologies, etc. and understand as well as articulate their impact on the use of the transit benefit. Assist in establishing standards for Federal workplace transportation matters, i.e. transit passes and transit benefit programs. Seek advice of State, local, and tribal elected and appointed officials with respect to transportation fare policy.
- As a member of the team establish and lead interagency working groups addressing complex, cross-cutting government-wide issues.
- Assist in the development of long and short range goals, promulgate regulation, issue policy, provide guidance and advice, and consult as appropriate on the qualified transportation benefit (26 U.S.C. 132(f)).
- Assist in the development of regulatory strategies for transit passes and other transit benefits.
- Contribute to the establishment of oversight/work plans, including agency reviews and adherence to standardized regulations covering the qualified transportation benefit.
- Must have an interest in Urban planning (Transportation). Should have a keen sense of differing viewpoints and ability/skill to overcome the impediments they represent.
- Have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Point of Contact: Denise P. Wright 202-366-3144, email@example.com
- Length of Assignment: 120 days
- Closing Date: Continuous