TIGER 2015 Discretionary Grant Pre-Application Instructions
The Pre-Application helps DOT allocate staff resources for the evaluation process, allows applicants to provide identifying information about their project, and assists DOT in clarifying and addressing eligibility questions before the Final Application is submitted
Need help? Please email TIGERGrants@dot.gov with “Pre-App Help” in the subject line and a detailed description of the issue you are having including screen shots.
Important User Information:
- THE PRE-APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. IF AN APPLICANT DOES NOT SUBMIT A PRE-APPLICATION, THE FINAL APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- A Pre-Application must be completed in one session within 30 minutes of creating the new Pre-Application. An incomplete Pre-Application cannot be saved and will time out after 30 minutes, so you must have all required information before you begin. A Pre-Application should take approximately 10 minutes to complete with all required information on hand.
- A successful Pre-Application submission will automatically generate a unique TIGER ID. This TIGER ID will be used to match the Pre-Application data with the Grants.gov Final Application data. For more information on TIGER IDs, see the “TIGER ID” section on page 9.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (versions 8 through 11) is the optimal browser for TIGER Pre-Application submission. Other browsers may not be supported.
- Do not use mobile devices (such as smartphones, iPads, and other tablets) to submit a TIGER Pre-Application. Devices such as these are not supported.
- Depending on Pre-Application site traffic, pages may load slowly. Please be patient while the page is loading; it may take as long as 15-20 seconds for site pages to load. If it takes longer than 20 seconds for the page to load, please reload/refresh the page (press F5).
- The system will be UNAVAILABLE Monday-Saturday during the hours of 6AM-7AM EDT and Sunday from 6AM-1PM EDT due to scheduled maintenance.
- TIGERGrants@dot.gov will be monitored Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM EDT.
DOT is committed to ensuring that information is available in appropriate alternative formats to meet the requirements of persons who have a disability. If you require an alternative version of files provided on this page, please contact Thomas.Berry@dot.gov.
Last updated: Thursday, April 2, 2015