Office of International Transportation and Trade
The Office of International Transportation and Trade provides departmental coordination on international surface and intermodal transportation and trade policies, including trade facilitation, technical assistance and cooperation programs, trade promotion and advocacy, multimodal transportation issues, and international diplomatic and protocol activities; and coordinates Departmental representation in global transportation and trade organizations.
What We Do
- Provide the Secretary with the best information available to develop international transportation policy and carry out the Department’s international responsibilities in a timely manner;
- Promote and facilitate open and liberalized global transportation markets;
- Work with the Department’s modal administrations to promote and coordinate multi-modal international transportation policies and initiatives;
- Conduct in-depth analysis and provide policy recommendations to address emerging and ongoing international transportation issues;
- Develop the Department’s positions on transport aspects of international trade agreements in consultation with operating administrations and lead Departmental representation in key international organizations;
- Initiate and manage international technical assistance and cooperative programs; and
- Facilitate the Secretary’s international travel agenda and meetings with foreign visitors.