Getting Data to SDC
Upload, store, and access your datasets quickly, easily, and securely.
The USDOT Secure Data Commons (SDC) enables collaborative but controlled integration and analysis of research data at the moderate sensitivity level, including personally identifiable information (PII) and confidential business information (CBI).
Within the SDC, you can upload data in near real time throughout your project. You can develop common data formats and fix issues as data starts to be generated.
As a data provider, you define the terms of access and grant or deny access to specific SDC users or groups. You also control the type of derived data users can export or copy from the system.
Features That Matter
Multiple data transfer frequencies
- Real-time (e.g., streaming) uploads
- Batch (e.g., daily or weekly) uploads
- Ad hoc (occasional) uploads
Robust, cloud-based infrastructure for storage and management of data
- Strong export controls to take derived data out of the SDC
- Set levels of data curation and warehousing to support analysis
- Validation of incoming datasets in near real time
- Real-time data ingestion streams and batch uploads
Strong user management controls
- Multifactor authentication and personal identity verification (PIV) card integration
- Workflow for data import and export into and out of the SDC
- Controlled access to specific data, data types, and metadata by user groups and individual users
Built-in infrastructure for data analysis
- Preestablished analysis workstations with open source tools
- Ability to import and share code between analysts
Effective project and team collaboration
- Project-level controls and teams
- Shared team resources
Multiple data formats
As a data provider planning to bring your data to the SDC, use the steps below to get started: