Transforming Transportation Advisory Committee
The Transforming Transportation Advisory Committee (TTAC) is being established to provide advice and recommendations to the Secretary about needs, objectives, plans, and approaches for transportation innovation. TTAC will consider issues related to:
- Pathways to safe, secure, equitable, environmentally friendly and accessible deployments of emerging technologies
- Integrated approaches and finding ways to promote greater cross-modal integration of emerging technologies, in particular applications to deploy automation
- Policies that encourage innovation to grow and support a safe and productive U.S. workforce, as well as foster economic competitiveness and job quality
- Approaches and frameworks that encourage the secure exchange and sharing of transformative transportation data, including technologies and infrastructure, across the public and private sectors that can guide core policy decisions across DOT’s strategic goals
- Ways the Department can identify and elevate cybersecurity solutions and protect privacy across transportation systems and infrastructure
- Other emerging issues, topics, and technologies
DOT is Currently Accepting Nominations for the TTAC
The Department is seeking 25 individuals who represent the interests and opinions of safety advocates, labor, technical experts (e.g., automation, data, privacy, cybersecurity), and industry representatives. Committee members will serve 2-year terms and may be reappointed. The Department strives to select individuals with in-depth knowledge of their respective industries or sectors and will work to achieve the most diverse and comprehensive points of view. Members may be nominated through the full and open process published in the Federal Register. All nominations must be submitted by August 19, 2022.
The first meeting of the Transforming Transportation Advisory Committee (TTAC) will be scheduled soon. Please check back here for additional information.
Additional information to come.