To help the U.S. Department of Transportation promote a safe, economically efficient, and environmentally sustainably freight transportation system, the Department’s National Freight Advisory Committee (NFAC) will provide advice and recommendations to the Secretary on matters related to freight transportation in the United States including:
- implementation of the freight transportation requirements of the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (P.L. 112-141);
- establishment of the National Freight Network;
- development of a National Freight Strategic Plan;
- development of strategies to help States implement State Freight Advisory Committees and State Freight Plans;
- development of measures of conditions and performance in freight transportation;
- development of freight transportation investment, data, and planning tools; and
- legislative recommendations.