RCN Notice of Funding Opportunity
USDOT has combined the Reconnecting Communities Pilot (RCP) and Neighborhood Access and Equity (NAE) programs into a single NOFO to provide a more efficient application process for project sponsors.
The RCN NOFO solicits grant applications for the Reconnecting Communities Pilot discretionary grant program, established by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), and for the newly created Neighborhood Access and Equity discretionary grant program, established by the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).
Under the combined RCN Program, USDOT offers three grant types:
- Capital Construction
- Community Planning
- Regional Partnerships Challenge
Amendment 1 issued August 21, 2023, edits the Notice of Funding Opportunity to reflect clarification language, additional language, and to make clerical amendments. These changes address the following:
- Addition of Thriving Communities Language
- Planning Study Clarification
- Construction Eligibility Clarification
- Disadvantaged Communities Eligibility Clarification
- Benefit Cost Analysis Clarification
- Addition of Direct Recipient Language