Share Your Transportation Story Submission Terms and Conditions
At the time of your submission you affirm:
- You are either 18 years of age or older, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into this agreement under these terms and conditions, including any and all obligations, affirmations, and representations. If you cannot satisfy this condition, DO NOT submit any material to the U.S. Department of Transportation under this effort.
- Your submission is wholly original, excepting that you may include media (video, audio or photographs) that are in the public domain or to which you are the owner of the entire right, title and interest, and that you have all the rights to any submitted material necessary to agree to these terms and conditions.
- You are not submitting any material that is commercial, off-topic, partisan-political, contains personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, pornographic, or that infringes the rights of any third party.
- You are granting the U.S. Department of Transportation a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce, disseminate, modify, and use your submission materials, including, but not limited to all text, images, photographs, digital video or audio recordings, in whole or in part, in all media now known or later developed as determined at the sole discretion of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- You acknowledge that the above license granted to the U.S. Department of Transportation is made with the full understanding that the U.S. Department of Transportation cannot and will not compensate, provide any financial benefit to, or reimburse you in any manner for the license.
- Your license grant specifically includes the right of the U.S. Department of Transportation to use the submitted material, in whole or in part, at the U.S. Department of Transportation’s sole discretion, in any and all communication channels (i.e., television, radio, websites, social media, print and online publications, newsletters, etc.), as well as in current or future safety promotions, educational programming and publications, and exhibitions.
- You acknowledge the U.S. Department of Transportation is under NO obligation to keep, post, publish, or use any submission.
- You consent to the Department’s publication of your submission, including your first name, first initial of your last name, and your city and state of residence, on its website as part of DOT’s Share Your Story and other programs, or for any other purposes described in the Department’s Privacy Act systems of records notice, DOT/ALL 26, Biographies Systems of Records. The U.S. Department of Transportation does not ask for, nor will it require your personal (contact) information. You acknowledge that participation and submission is voluntary. If you choose not to submit certain information, the Department may decide not to keep, post, publish, or use your submission.
- You are solely responsible for your submission and any consequences of submitting it. The U.S. Department of Transportation is not responsible or liable for any breach of these terms and conditions by you, claims by a third party that your submission violates the third party’s rights, or claims by you that a third party is misusing your submission.