Coronavirus Resources at the Department of Transportation
The Department of Transportation plays an active part in the United States Government’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19). As a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, DOT helps support the Administration’s efforts to contain and mitigate the spread of the virus, and ensure continuation of critical infrastructure support and relief for the American people.
Below are additional resources on how the Department is responding to COVID-19. The safety of our transportation networks is vital to maintaining economic durability and the free flow of essential supplies, food, fuel, and medical equipment. Response measures implemented by the Department to date have included stakeholder outreach and guidance, expanded federal assistance, and regulatory relief. This page will be updated on a regular basis as new information and resources become available.
In accordance with the Office of Management and Budget’s Memorandum M-20-21, all financial information that agencies are required to report concerning their disposition of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) and other supplemental COVID-19 appropriated funds is publicly available on USAspending.gov. View the COVID-19 Spending profile page. In addition to the required reporting, DOT is making data about its COVID-19 spending available to the public through its COVID-19 Relief Funding Status Dashboard. In addition, as required by OMB Memorandum M-21-20 , DOT has established a Department-wide process to ensure that award descriptions are high-quality and to provide OMB with quarterly status updates for all Federal Financial Assistance programs with funding provided in the American Rescue Plan Act. The primary purpose for this exercise, and for composing strong award descriptions associated with ARP programs, is to increase transparency and ensure the American public can assess whether ARP funding is achieving the intended goals and objectives.
All Americans, ages 6 months and older, are now eligible for COVID-19 vaccination. Find Covid-19 vaccines and boosters near you:
• Find a vaccine near you
• Call 1-800-232-0233
• Text your zip code to 438829
DOT COVID-19 Resources
Office of the Secretary
- Statement from U.S. Transportation Secretary Buttigieg on the End of Pre-Departure COVID-19 Testing for Inbound International Air Travelers
- BTS shares transportation statistics allowing comparison of pre-COVID-19 and current numbers for passenger travel and freight shipments
- Biden-Harris Administration and the U.S. Department of Transportation Announce $2.2 Billion in Grants to Support Essential Transit Service Jobs Nationwide
- U.S. DOT Delivers Additional Assistance from President Biden’s American Rescue Plan to Keep Aviation Manufacturing Workers on the Job
- DOT Framework for Return to Normal Operations