Office of Public Engagement
The Office of Public Engagement serves as the primary external liaison to the U.S. Department of Transportation, responsible for engaging stakeholders on behalf of the Secretary and promoting greater visibility and access to DOT policies, programs, and resources. Our mission is to coordinate and create opportunities for direct dialogue between the Administration and members of the American public – working closely with DOT leaders, the Operating Administrations, and government agencies including the White House and other Cabinet-level Departments.
OPE is committed to ensuring everyone can participate in and inform the work of the Department, bringing new voices into the policymaking process, and helping to translate transportation issues that impact communities across the country into action by the appropriate bodies of the federal government.
Who We Are
Lynda Tran, Senior Advisor to the Secretary and Director of Public Engagement
Raffi Freedman-Gurspan, Deputy Director of Public Engagement
Justin Ramirez, Engagement Program Manager
Taylor Wright, Special Assistant for Public Engagement
Sandy Sinclair, Transportation Specialist
Benita Harris-Clarke, Administrative Officer
Resources and Information
- Information on the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law – funding opportunities, programs, and announcements
- The DOT Navigator for interested grant applicants
- DOT’s Meaningful Public Involvement guide to help funding recipients engage their communities in transportation projects, programs, and planning
- Recent DOT webinars and stakeholder briefings
- Sign up for the Latest Updates from DOT