What is BATIC?
The Build America Transportation Investment Center: The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Build America Transportation Investment Center (BATIC) serves as a one-stop shop for state and local governments, public and private developers and investors seeking to utilize innovative financing strategies for transportation infrastructure projects. Through this website and hands-on support, advice, and expertise, BATIC provides navigator services for all types of projects and project sponsors. The BATIC is housed within the Office of the Secretary, and draws from expertise from across DOT’s operating administrations.
The Build America Investment Initiative - On July 17, the President announced a government-wide initiative to increase infrastructure investment and economic growth by engaging with state and local governments and private sector investors to encourage collaboration, expand the market for public-private partnerships (PPPs) and put federal credit programs to greater use. Starting with the transportation sector, this initiative will harness the potential of private capital to complement government funding.
The Administration has released a set of recommendations which will guide our interagency work over the next two years. Included among those recommendations is the establishment of sister technical assistance efforts at the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Agriculture. We’ll also be expanding our work on pre-development funding, and promoting the U.S. Infrastructure market more widely.
- Read the White House Fact Sheet about Build America
- Read the Presidential Memorandum about Build America
How BATIC can help
- Education: Learn more about transportation funding and financing including grants, credit and loan programs, and bonds.
- Technical Assistance: Access helpful toolkits and training materials in innovative financing techniques.
- Project Delivery: Fulfilling environmental review requirements; cutting through red tape; and achieving timely decisions.
- Innovative Policies: Learn about the provisions proposed in the GROW AMERICA Act, as well as State-level policies and programs that enable private financing.
Best Practices & Case Studies
|Learn how the Denver RTD put together a financing package for the revitalized Union Station.||Learn how Missouri completed its Safe and Sound bridges project.|
|Learn how Kentucky and Indiana teamed up to launch the Ohio River Bridges project.||Learn how the Los Angeles community financed the expansion of their system.|
Sign up for email updates