Revenue service operation is expected in 2025.
The Project entails the construction of the second section of a three-section, 9-mile underground heavy rail line that will extend the existing Metro Purple line along Wilshire Boulevard to a new western terminus in West Los Angeles near the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Westwood. Section 2 extends the line another 2.6 miles through the cities of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills and includes two new stations and the procurement of 20 heavy rail cars.
- Federal Sources
- TIFIA Loan: $307 million
- FTA New Starts Grant: $1.187 billion
- CMAQ: $169 million
- Local Sources:
- Measure R: $692.7 million
- Repayment of Capital Projects Fund: $54.8 million
- Financial Advisor – Montague DeRose and Associates
- Legal Advisor – Norton Rose Fulbright
To USDOT Build America Bureau:
- TIFIA Financial Advisor – Deloitte Financial Advisory Services
- TIFIA Legal Advisor – Squire Patton Boggs US LLP
Direct loan: $307.0 million. The TIFIA loan will be repaid with Measure R local retail sales tax.
Metro Purple Line Extension