The USDOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program aims to increase the participation of minority and women owned businesses in state and local transportation projects that are funded by the Department through the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
How: the USDOT DBE Program regulations do this in the following ways:
- Requiring that state and local transportation agencies, transit authorities, and airports establish annual, statewide overall DBE participation goals.
- Establishing contract-specific DBE subcontracting goals with Prime Contractors.
- Ensuring DBEs can compete fairly for USDOT funded projects.
- Ensuring only eligible firms participate as DBEs.
- Assisting DBE companies in their ability to compete outside the DBE Program.
For More Information: to learn more about the specifics of the USDOT DBE Program, please visit the USDOT Departmental Office of Civil Rights DBE Program website.