Public Webinars and Outreach for the Justice40 Initiative
On February 24, 2023, a public webinar was held to provide an overview of the agency’s proposed updates and rebranding of the Transportation Disadvantaged Census Tracts (Historically Disadvantaged Communities) tool, and Request for Information (RFI). Through the RFI, DOT is seeking input and recommendations on the tool and index methodology.
- View slides from the webinar.
- Webinar Recording - Passcode: Li!4R@vG
Please see the description of these sessions below and watch the recordings based on your interest.
- On November 17, 2022 USDOT hosted a webinar explaining how USDOT is implementing the Justice40 initiative and answering frequently asked questions.
In November 2021, USDOT hosted two virtual public meetings about the Justice40 Initiative. During these interactive meetings, participants heard from senior USDOT leaders about the Justice40 Initiative and were invited to share input and feedback.
- On November 9, 2021 USDOT hosted the first session in a two-part interactive series on the Justice40 Initiative. This first session introduced the Justice40 Initiative and discussed the benefits that transportation investments can bring to burdened communities.
- View the session #1 recording> using passcode %qNM7hdQ
- View the session #1 presentation
- On November 16, 2021 USDOT hosted the second session in a two-part interactive series on the Justice40 initiative. This second session asked participants to provide input on the types of data and metrics that USDOT can use to develop a framework for transportation programs impacting communities. Though not required, participants are encouraged to watch session #1 for additional context ahead of session #2.
- View the session #2 recording using passcode @5#0SqDD
- View the session #2 presentation