Meet our SBTRC Team
In light of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization would like to recognize its Small Business Transportation Resource Centers (SBTRC). The SBTRCs have contributed to the USDOT’s “A+” rating from the U.S. Small Business Administration by ensuring small businesses are adequately prepared to compete for transportation contracts.
Left to right: Kara Skinner, bonding Producer from Integrity Surety, M. Alicia, Northwest SBTRC Project Coordinator; Lily Keeffe, Northwest SBTRC Project Director; WA PTAC Consultant
The SBTRCs work closely with the transportation contracting community and technical assistance providers to serve businesses within the 13 SBTRC regions located throughout the United States and its territories. Utilizing partnerships and industry expertise, SBTRCs provide business counseling that includes market research, certification, procurement and technical assistance, amongst others. SBTRCs also administer the USDOT’s Bonding Education Program, Short Term Lending Program and Women In Transportation Initiative.
Within the last six years the SBTRCs have assisted 6000 small businesses throughout the country. The SBTRCs pride themselves on providing the best possible assistance to our small business community. It is the SBTRCs goal to assist the country’s small business community to grow, flourish, and become more sustainable.
Thank You For Your Service
- Capital Region (Washington D.C. Metro Area)
- Central Region (AR, KS, MO, MS)
- Great Lakes Region (OH, IL, IN, MI, WI)
- Gulf Region (LA, NM, OK, TX)
- Mid Atlantic Region (NJ, DE, MD, PA)
- Mid South Atlantic (GA, TN, SC)
- Northeast Region (CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT)
- Northwest Region (AK, ID, OR, WA)
- Northern Plains (IA, MN, MT, ND)
- South Atlantic Region (KY, NC, VA, WV)
- Southeast Region (AL, FL, PR, USVI)
- Southwest Region (AZ, CA, HI, NV)
- West Central Region (CO, NE, SD, UT, WY)