DOT FedBizOpps Opportunities
Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) is the primary location to identify active federal contract opportunities (including DOT opportunities) over $25,000. FedBizOpps allows you to search for federal procurement opportunities and receive automatic email announcements on those same procurements as soon as they are announced. Visitors are encouraged to register with FedBizOpps to sign up for the Interested Vendors List to receive updated information on individual procurement opportunities.
Essential Links for Small Business
- System for Award Management (SAM) – Primary vendor database for the federal government that collects, validates, stores and disseminates data in support of agency acquisition missions.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) – Federal regulation that codifies uniform policies for acquisition of supplies and services by all federal executive agencies
- Federal Business Opportunities (FEDBIZOPPS) – A web-based system for posting solicitations and other procurement-related documents to the internet.
- Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS) – Offers public users unprecedented access to the spending patterns of the Federal government - at no cost. Once you have registered at FPDS, you will have access to more than 12 million contract actions from across the Federal government.
- GSA Schedule Overview – Available to all government agencies to use as a procurement vehicle, the GSA Schedule can streamline the procurement process for both vendors and government agencies.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) – A series of number codes that attempts to classify all business establishments by the types of products or services they make available.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Certifications – Programs designed to help small and disadvantaged firms to compete effectively for procurements where, to receive these benefits, the firm has to first receive formal certification from the SBA.
- USASpending.gov – Provides citizens with easy access to Government contract, grant and other award data in an easy to use and searchable format.
- Veterans Business Development Programs (VBDP) – Programs designed to help veteran-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned firms compete through business development.
- Women’s Services – Programs to help woman-owned firms compete through business development.